Good evening, I.T. entrepreneurs. In this podcast (Episode 035), new OwnBackup CEO Sam Gutmann describes why he decided to jump back into the cloud-backup market. But this isn't a case of Gutmann repeating an earlier tour of duty in the IT data protection market. Gutmann says OwnBackup's cloud-to-cloud backup model (protecting Salesforce.com data and other cloud apps) is different than more traditional PC- or server-to-cloud backup offerings.
Gutmann has been in and around the cloud game for more than a decade. He previously co-launched and led Intronis before moving on to the angel investor and venture capital scene. Much of his recent work involves Golden Seeds, an angel investor network that backs women-led startups. (For a portion of 2014, Gutmann and I investigated a few startups together, but I ultimately didn't make any investments.)
By April 2015, Gutmann decided to join OwnBackup -- which is already well-known within the Salesforce.com and ServiceNow communities -- as full-time as CEO.
Our podcast guests educate I.T. entrepreneurs about business development, management, transformation, growth and exits.
Each CEO, co-founder or financial advisor personally drove:
- Company Launches -- vision, mission, passion.
- Funding Stages -- boot strap, friends and family, angel investments and venture capital.
- Expansions -- core team building, process building, automation.
- Exits and transformations -- IPOs, mergers, acquisitions and private equity deals.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
- Sponsorships: Contact Amy Katz, CEO, After Nines Inc. amy@AfterNines.com
- Guests: Bookings handled privately.
- New and Archived Podcasts: http://www.AfterNines.com/CEO
- RSS Feed
- On Apple iTunes
Subscribe: Want to receive our blog headlines in your inbox each business day? Then subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.