Good morning, I.T. entrepreneurs. Here are five technology news insights, gossip, chatter, rumors and more to start your day for Monday, Sept. 14, 2015.
Actually, today's update involves nine items to sip on.
9. Coming Sept. 15 - #E2E: In case you missed all the hints and teasers across social media in recent days, After Nines Inc. is set to launch something called #E2E on Tuesday, Sept. 15. Yes, it's designed to serve the IT channel. But it holds a different type of lens to the industry and those who navigate it.
8. Big Data in the IT Channel: Some folks think big data is just arriving to the IT channel. I respectfully disagree. Instead, the channel is filled with data. The real challenge? Gaining true business insights from all that data. LogicNow's data science team, including Dana Bullister, is aiming to crack the code. As is Jim Lippie at his latest startup... dubbed Clarity Intelligence Platform. I'll share more details later this week on #E2E.
7. Role Reversal: As the NFL season gets rolling, I can't help but think that the Jets and Giants traded playbooks for week one. The Giants loss looked a lot like a classic Jets implosion. And the Jets victory didn't look like any Jet team I've seen in recent years...
6. Blade Runner 2: I worry about this movie replicant...
5. Dreamforce Preview: Salesforce.com's massive customer conference kicks off tomorrow (Sept. 15-18, San Francisco). Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki, and Cisco Systems CEO Chuck Robbins are all set to speak at the event. So, it's safe to expect new or deeper relationships between those companies. Bu that's not all. Keep a close eye on Western Union CEO Hikmet Ersek, University of California SF's Dr. Laura Esserman, best-selling author Andy McAfee and Uber CEO Travis Kalanick. Their respective appearances could signal new Salesforce.com machine learning and big data efforts for health care, financial services and more...
4. Mobile App for Small Business: As we considered our #E2E strategy, we took a close look at native iOS and Android apps (stay tuned). But we also paid close attention to a range of Facebook Pages updates -- which are designed for small businesses. Facebook claims the updates offer better calls to action, and plenty more. So... #E2E has a Facebook Page.
3. MSP Pricing Models: Service Leadership Inc. CEO Paul Dippell described a range of ideal MSP pricing and profit targets during LogicNow's Max 2015 conference in Washington, D.C., last week. I managed to capture a lot of the data. I'll share more details later this week on #E2E.
2. Seriously, What Is #E2E?: Simply put, it's the latest step in our business journey. And your business journey. We'll unveil details on Sept. 15. And we'll make sure you have plenty of opportunities to engage with the platform.
1. Thank You: To those readers who have subscribed to After Nines Inc.'s newsletter and read our daily blog since our Sept. 2014 launch. Many of you have asked us what else we plan to build. Others have wondered if we'll ever return to the the IT channel -- but in a new way. After a year of deep reflection and watching the market for key trends, we finally have our answer. And yes, it returns us to the IT channel -- in a new way. #E2E. Details Sept. 15.
Subscribe: Want to receive our blog headlines in your inbox each business day (except Fridays, when we're off the grid)? Then subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.