Welcome to our Weekly Technology Forecast (WTF), where we help I.T. entrepreneurs spot technology developments, trends and events before they happen. Here's WTF is happening for the week of March 9-13, 2015.
Monday, March 9
- Apple Watch Launch: All eyes will be on the big Apple Watch launch event today. Loyal readers already know my spin. Aside from all the questions about pricing and battery life, focus your attention on WatchKit -- the smartwatch's software development kit. Remember: You barely use your iPhone or Android phone as a phone -- because of apps. The same will be true for Apple Watch -- if enough high-quality apps come along...
- Tech News Today - Special Time: Join Mike Elgan, me and some surprise guests for a special edition of Tech News Today at noon ET/9am PT. Note the time, which is one-hour earlier than usual so that the TNT team can focus on Apple Watch the rest of today.
- Apple Watch Coverage: As I mentioned, tune into TWiT live throughout the day for Apple Watch launch coverage and analysis.
Tuesday, March 10:
- Mood Swing: The National Federation of Independent Business releases the small-business optimism index for February. As a small business co-owner myself, I don't worry too much about such indexes -- I always focus on controlling my own fate. Still, the macro economic mood among small business owners sometimes offers clues about coming market shifts...
- Tech News Today for Tuesday: I'm 90 percent sure I'll be joining TNT for my usual Tuesday co-anchor slot, in addition to the March 9 slot. Tune in at 1pm ET/10 am PT.
- Good Evening, I.T. Entrepreneurs: Our latest podcast (Episode 25) will feature Ampdesk CEO Alex Rowland. The serial entrepreneur will describe how his approach to raising venture capital and angel money has changed dramatically since the 1990s. Tune in at 9:01 p.m. ET/6:01 p.m. PT.
Wed, March 11:
- On the Road Again: I'm flying to Orlando, Fla., and will spend the rest of the week thawing out from the New York winter. Want to potentially meet around the Orlando metropolitan area? Send email: Joe@AfterNines.com.
- Earnings: I need to double-check but I think Box quarterly earnings will surface on Wednesday. The news, if delivered, will give us a timely look at the cloud file sync and sharing market -- and the transformation from an app to a platform.
Thursday, March 12:
- Emerging From Stealth: Somewhere around Thursday or perhaps a few days later, watch for a deeply funded storage startup to emerge from stealth mode. Maybe...
Friday, March 13
- Off the Grid: Yes, that's me. Largely off the grid Friday but we'll update the After Nines blog and newsletter with our weekly wrap-up.
Subscribe: Want to receive our blog headlines in your inbox each business day? Then subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.