Welcome to our Weekly Tech Forecast, where we help I.T. entrepreneurs like you spot key technology industry developments -- before they happen. Here's WTF is happening for the business week of March 2-6, 2015.
Monday, March 2
- Mobile World Congress: Mike Elgan and the Tech News Today team are reporting live all week from Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. Already unveiled is the Samsung S6 Edge with a curved screen. That and more during Tech News Today's live video netcast today at 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT. I'll be co-anchoring today (Monday) in addition to my usual Tuesday slot.
- Game On: Game Developers Conference runs March 2-6 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The Expo runs March 4-6. While After Nines Inc. doesn't focus too munch on gaming, we are interested in emerging platforms and networks upon which games are developed or run.
- Earnings: Palo Alto Networks delivers quarterly results. Watch for double-digit earnings and revenue growth when the results surface later today.
Tuesday, March 3
- Earnings from Best Buy: We may get new clues about Geek Squad's ongoing performance. Plus, perhaps Best Buy will provide some chatter about alternative platform sales trends -- particularly Chromebooks.
- Tech News Today: I'll join the live video netcast at 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT. Tune in for live insights from the world's top journalists -- including ongoing Mobile World Congress coverage.
- Calling All Entrepreneurs: Alec Hartman and Jesse Podell join our latest podcast (Episode 24) to describe NY Tech Day -- one of the largest gatherings of tech entrepreneurs, angels and venture capitalists. Roughly 15,000 people are expected to attend NY Tech Day (April 23, New York City). Learn why during our March 3 podcast at 9:01 p.m. ET.
Wednesday, March 4
- Staffing: Payroll processor ADP will report on private sector jobs created for February. Check out the slick ADP Employment Report website for those details and more.
Thursday, March 5
- Free Time: Actually, my calendar is free Thursday. It's the day to potentially brief me if your company has something hot brewing.
Friday, March 6
- Still Getting Hitched?: Staples, which is striving to merge with Office Depot, will announce quarterly results. Surely, the earnings call will include an M&A update. My spin?: I always worry when companies pursue M&A purely for cost-cutting and industry consolidation reasons.
Tip Me Off: Is something hot brewing at your company for the week of March 9-13, 2015? Send me an email (joe@AfterNines.com) and let me know WTF is happening. We'll potentially list your tip in our next WTF column, which will debut Monday, March 9.
Disclaimer: Dates and potential news developments listed above are subject to changes beyond our control -- including but not limited to my incompetence.
Subscribe: Want to receive our blog headlines in your inbox each business day? Then subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.