Welcome to Weekly Tech Forecast (WTF), helping you to spot key IT developments -- before they happen -- for the week of February 17-20, 2015.
Monday, February 16
- Presidents' Day: After Nines Inc. and many U.S. businesses were closed.
Tuesday, February 17
- Tune in at 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT for Tech News Today -- the leading daily netcast covering the most important stories of the day. Mike Elgan hosts; I co-anchor and several surprise guests pull up virtual chairs to share their views.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc. (RAX) will deliver Q4 2014 earnings after the U.S. markets close. While cloud infrastructure giants like Amazon and Microsoft appear to be pulling away from the market, Rackspace still has about 3 percent of the cloud/IaaS market, according to Synergy Research Group. And yes, I own a few RAX shares because I think there's room in the market for a solid, independent cloud provider...
- Check our podcast page, Good Evening, I.T. entrepreneurs, for the latest conversation with a tech CEO sharing business and technology guidance. AppDirect Co-CEO Daniel Saks just went live -- describing a $50 million funding round and his five core business values. New conversations typically go live at 9:01 p.m. ET/6:01 p.m. PT each Tuesday -- and sometimes in between.
Wednesday, February 18
- AVG Technologies (AVG) which is making an SMB IT management and security push, is expected to announce Q4 2014 results after the U.S. markets close. We've heard multiple rumors about AVG continuing its M&A strategy -- especially in the hosted IT and mobile security segments. Perhaps some chatter/updates will emerge during the earnings call.
- Watch for additional earnings news from EarthLink (ELNK).
Thursday, February 19
- Earnings from Equinix (EQIX) could provide clues about the colocation and data center industry.
- And Q2 2015 earnings from Intuit (INTU) could reveal new steps on how the company is working with peers to fight digital tax fraud.
Friday, February 20
- Earnings from Iron Mountain (IRM) could reveal key trends in the data protection and storage markets.
Tip Me Off: Is something hot brewing at your company for the week of Feb. 23-27? Send me an email (joe@AfterNines.com) and let me know WTF is happening. We'll potentially list your tip in our next WTF column, which will debut Monday, February 23. Disclaimer: Dates and potential news developments listed above are subject to changes beyond our control.
Subscribe: Want to receive our blog headlines in your inbox each business day? Then subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.