As the old saying goes, “a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step” -- and perhaps even a leap of faith or two. And so begins a new company (After Nines Inc.). Here are five things you need to know about our new business launch.
5. Who Is In The House?: After Nines was co-founded by Amy Katz and me (@JoePanettieri or +JoePanettieri). Amy is our president and CEO, driving business development, strategic engagements, finance, marketing and more. I'm our CSO (chief something officer) and content czar. I drive our IT platforms and online strategy, content, research and more.
4. What's Our Background?: We’ve worked in and around the IT industry since the early 1990s. Our career stops have included executive- and senior-level positions at CMP Media, Microcast Communications, NYIT, Penton and Ziff Davis Media. We've also launched such companies as JCP Media, Madcass Media, and Nine Lives Media -- which Penton acquired in 2011. For more about us, check out What We Do.
3. What's Our Mission?: We provide timeless IT guidance. From 9:01 daily. That's another way of saying we offer consulting services to technology companies. Reach us here: Amy@AfterNines.com and Joe@AfterNines.com if you have more questions.
2. Where Can You Track Us?: Right here at www.AfterNines.com. You’ll also see me surface each Tuesday (1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT) on Tech News Today, which I co-anchor with Mike Elgan. And I blog about tech stocks on SeekingAlpha. Of course, we've also launched our social media channels. Examples include:
1. What’s Next?: Visit our corporate blog (www.AfterNines.com/news) each weekday at 9:01 a.m. ET (after nines, get it?) for a preview of the geek day, the IT industry, and life within the virtual halls of After Nines.
Subscribe to our newsletter: Want to receive our blog updates at 9:01 a.m. ET each business day? Simply subscribe to our newsletter right here.